Why is Zombie Leader involved with spreading Good Deeds One Bite at a Time? My grandmother, Anne, passed away from non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and my mentor’s son, Ryan, died of leukemia. Grammy Z was a kind soul who loved her family dearly. Ryan had been in remission and passed at the age of 19. They are both missed dearly. These personal experiences have motivated me to donate my time and monies to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society CT Chapter as well as other local and national charities. Over the past 27 years, over $236,000 has been raised for LLS alone through events, donations, and auctions I have been involved with. (Over $132,000 of that total was raised since establishing Zombie Leader in late 2013.)
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Worked on behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society CT Chapter for 27 years raising over $236,000!
- Nominated for 2022 Greater CT Honorary Man of the Year Candidate for the CT-WHV Chapter! (Team Zombie Leader hopes to raise 14K by 6/30/22 to break the $250,000 raised to date!!!) To donate, please go to HERE.
- Nominated for 2016 Man of the Year Candidate for the CT-WHV Chapter! (Team Zombie Leader raised 25K for LLS in 10 weeks.)
- Created the Comic Art for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society CT Chapter (CALL) Auction. Will you answer the CALL? To see the latest listings, check out www.facebook.com/callauction or https://www.ebay.com/usr/zteam.
- Collaborated with Zombie Charge to add LLS as a charitable partner for the 2013 inaugural Zombie Charge Event.
- Earned the prestigious 2000 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society CT Chapter "Unsung Hero" Award.
- Sponsored Addy Miller from The Walking Dead to appear at the 9/7/13 Zombie Charge in North Stonington to promote Autism Awareness.
- Donated lithographs to Connecticut's Team Christopher from 2017-2021.
- Funded the Yankee Brutals of CT All-Stars Roller Derby to wear "I Love You" Autism patches on their right hips to raise awareness for those on The Spectrum.
- Sponsored both Hartford Area Roller Derby and the Yankee Brutals of Connecticut All-Stars.
- Recognized by eBay Giving Works for being a leader in charitable giving.
- Contributed $500 through Giving Works to The Autism Society of North Carolina on behalf of Addy Miller, the first zombie ever on The Walking Dead.
- Donated over $2,000 to Saving Savannah & Seattle.
- Received distinguished 2005 Mid-Fairfield County American Red Cross "Unsung Hero" Award.